Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Gallery Wall Part. 1

Happy Tuesday all! This past weekend Sean's mom and I went going garage sale hunting! She is quite the haggler, something I am not, so it's great taking pointers and seeing how low she can get a price. I was on the hunt for some decorative birdcages, cheap vases, items I can up-cycle, picture frames, and white cloth. I found A LOT of old school milk bottles, a basket, a tray, ribbon and a lantern. I'm hoping to run by Goodwill today, and the dollar tree for a large candle. I will be sure to put pictures up of the treasure I found. The first house we stopped at, the front yard was full of pine cones! They were perfect, as if they had just fallen. No one had stepped or driven over them yet, so they were in the best condition. [Is it illegal to steal pine cones from someone else lawn?]

As I stated last week, I started the gallery wall!! [Finally, right?] I was only able to put a few things, because I need to finish the scrabble letter project, and the wall will be complete. Let me know what you think! So far, Sean and I love the way it's turning out. I know it's not a lot, and like I said it's not finished but it's coming along!

I am getting a charger for my camera this weekend!! [Yay!!] So we will be saying goodbye to fuzzy, shadowy pictures, and hello to clear, beautiful pictures! So bear with me for now. The ampersand picture tutorial can be found, here, and I will post a link below for the site where I found the free printables! I found the picture frames at Goodwill, and cut the pictures down to size.
These two pieces I need to put up, but am unsure where I want to put the scrabble pieces, so I decided to wait. I also needed Sean around to tell me where they would look good, because it's hard to put them up alone. The free printables I found, here. I can't wait until everything is finished, and the gallery wall is complete. Fingers crossed I can tackle the scrabble project this weekend, and finish hanging everything!



Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment