Monday, August 24, 2015

DIY Wall Art: Ampersand

Things are really coming together. I was able to relax most of the weekend, watching TV, and working on projects for the gallery wall. I attempted to re-arrange the furniture in the living room. I was not pleased with what I had pictured would work best for the set-up. Our blue loveseat works wonderfully anywhere that you put it, since it's the perfect size to fit against any wall. Our red couch, however, does not. I really wanted the couch against the window....it would fit if nothing else existed in the room. Oh well, not everything needs to be changed right? I have for you this week, an extremely cheap and easy project. I've shown this before, and you can find the original post, here.


 
What you will need:
-Canvas
-Thumbtacks
-Pencil
 
I bought the canvas from Goodwill for $1 and bought three packs of gold thumbtacks from Dollar Tree for $1 each. As you can see, my thumbtacks are not all the same gold color. It works though. I put wallpaper around the bar, I'll throw a picture of it up soon. I had left over scraps that weren't needed and wrapped the canvas with it.
Lovely isn't it?
Use your pencil to outline the ampersand. You may want to use
a stencil, I just looked at a picture and went from there
Add your thumbtacks
I outlined the ampersand before filling it in. I had Sean help me with the areas that had wood. They were really hard to get in, and my fingers were really starting to hurt [LOL]. When I asked Sean what he thought, he said that he loved my Viking ship.....what? I guess the way I was holding it was slightly slanted. I looked at him and then my art...turned the canvas a little, and there it was...the Viking ship. He could see the ampersand...after I pointed it out. Oh well, I love it none-the-less.

 
Hope you all have a great day!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment