Thursday, September 24, 2015

Garage Sale Finds and Home Accents

Fall is in the air! I can't believe what a change we have received here in NC. I swear we were steadily hanging out in the 90's region, before nose diving in the 60's and 70's. Trust me, I'm not complaining...I just didn't see everything falling into place so perfectly.

Another quick week, which I'm loving, and payday is literally right around the corner! I plan on working on curtains for the living room, finishing up the gallery wall, working on some signs, and starting some projects in the bedroom. That's quite a list, and I'm sure some will extend through the week and into the following weekends. I wanted to share a few goodies I picked up garage sale-ing this past Saturday, and show off our bar wall. I have contemplated whether or not I want to pain our apartment...especially since we are on our second year of leasing and considering doing another year. I just can't come to terms with moving into another rental, when the location of our current rental is so wonderful.

 
Garage Sale Finds:
 I need to go to the dollar tree this weekend, and grab a large candle! Like I said before, Sean's mom and I found an entire yard full of pine cones! I love free!! I plan on sanding the tray down and either painting it or staining. I'm rather partial to staining wood however.

Home Accents:

I had shown a small peak of the wall a few days back when I posted a picture of the white pumpkins. A month ago, I decided to add a little something to our apartment, and let me tell you...it's made a HUGE difference. I bought this gray chevron pattern from Target for $30 - I should have just painted it...but I was being lazy. It was my first time putting up wallpaper and it was quite the task. I wasted an entire roll....what I learned...lay vertically. I don't know what I was thinking, but the roll didn't come with directions so I just went at it. Sean and I really like it, and it has calmed my itch to paint for now.

Hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the chevron you added to the bar area! Seriously makes that whole space pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We really like it :) Congrats on getting certified!! I can't wait to see what all you do!

      Delete
  2. Awesome.🌻 work so far. I can't wait to come over to see everything..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm trying :) I told Lauren in a month or two I think I'll have an ME reunion at my place. I'll keep you updated 😍

      Delete
  3. Can we just take a minute to talk about what you've done with your bar? Seriously adorable! I need to do this to our new place when we move!!

    ReplyDelete