Monday, August 17, 2015

How To Make Homemade Doughnuts

Sean loves doughnuts. Every time I go grocery shopping, I pick up a bag or two of chocolate covered doughnuts. I, however, am not a huge doughnut fan. Fried dough, covered in sugar and frosting...not really my thing. While at Sean's parents house, I found a doughnut recipe, and I couldn't believe that I had all the ingredients already...including the frosting! It's so easy, and takes about a half hour for prep and cook time. I made a few mistakes along the way, as I normally do. But it leads to your success if you so decide to make your own doughnuts at home.


What you'll need:
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
Vegetable Oil
1 can Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
Mix sugar and cinnamon together
Flatten biscuits and cut out doughnut hole. I used a shot glass.
Heat a cast iron skillet with oil. Deep fry dough on a medium-low
heat...found this out the hard way. Dough cooks rather quickly.
Place doughnuts and holes on paper towels.
While still warm, coat doughnut in the cinnamon sugar mis
Add your toppings! I don't own many toppings like sprinkles, etc..but we do have frosting. Sean added syrup to the plain doughnuts and loved them both. I had one plain and one with frosting, so good! I was pleasantly surprised with how well they turned out. One can makes approximately 16 doughnut/doughnut holes. I'm being dead serious when I say this was crazy quick and easy! Try them out this weekend for breakfast!

Have a great day all!









No comments:

Post a Comment