Monday, June 8, 2015

Who said Monday's aren't fun?

Today was my first day, "on the job". For the last three weeks, I have been training to prepare to conduct reports on my own. For the sake of comparison, the first two days of training was full of taking in information. Coming home the first two days left me mentally exhausted. Much like those first two days, I am exhausted. Yet, I love the challenge. I love having the opportunity to find the words to say, that will best express someones concern towards incidents that are happening to them. It is rewarding to have a client state, "that's exactly what I mean." I will need to set goals for myself though. One of those goals, for now, will be to help guide clients through the report without allowing them to take over the process.

Another great thing about this job, is that it challenges my time-management abilities. I am normally that friend who is at least 5 minutes late to everything. With this job, being late is a no-no. I was a little stressed this morning trying to get ready and leave at a decent time. For the past three weeks I have had to arrive to work promptly at 8:30 AM. I became used to waking up at 6:00 and leaving the house by 7:15. Now I am scheduled to be at work by 10:00. I thought that this time would be easier to manage. I found today it is, but I had planned to leave at 9:00. I could feel my blood pressure rising as the numbers on my phone inched closer to 9:10. Yikes! I made it with 15 minutes to spare, so all is well that ends well.

[Cardigan: Target, Nail Polish: Essie,
Necklace, Camisole & Pencil Skirt: Forever 21]

It is important to always look your best! I want to be taken seriously and to move upwards within this company. A nice mixture between business casual and everyday wear. We have the option to dress causally, but after wearing nothing but yoga pants for the last ten months at Massage Envy, I want to have fun choosing my outfits each morning. Your outfit depicts the type of person you are and allows you to express your personality. I love having control over how I want others to view me each morning. Not to mention it's a major confidence booster knowing I look good ;)

Have a great night all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment