Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Zumba Benefits

I envy those that have the willpower and ability to stay on top of a work out regimen, especially those who create the regimen. Treadmills, the elliptical, weights and the StairMaster...I can't even begin. I am the type of person that thrives from group classes. I need to be told to what to do, how fast, how high and how long to do the exercise. If you are anything like me, you also want to ensure you feel the burn. I walk away disappointed if I don't feel like I had my bottom handed to me.



I first became addicted when my friend Isra invited me to the Zumba class she attends every Thursday evening. I walked into the class unsure of what to expect and walked out of the class, drenched in sweat and soar all over. I was beyond amazed and hungry for more. So, I joined the YMCA. I have tried other Zumba classes and have yet to find anyone that can conduct a class like Dawn can. Zumba allows you to feel the music. Each song contains 4 or 5 steps that are repeated throughout the song, once you learn the steps it becomes very easy to keep up. 

But I'm not just here to tell you about my Zumba experience, lets go over the benefits shall we?

ZUMBA BENEFITS

·        Burn approximately 300 to 700 calories each class
·        Increase your stamina and push a little harder
·        Increase your bone density
·        Improve your balance and tone your muscles
·        Decrease your body fat percentage
·        Lower your blood pressure






No comments:

Post a Comment